- Asked to choose between having more time or more money, the percentage of Americans who choose more money, according to a survey by Roper ASW: 56.
- Percentage who would choose to have more time: 35.
- Percentage of American businesses owned by Blacks, according to the “Minorities in Business” Report of the U.S. Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy: 4.
- Percentage of all minority-owned businesses owned by Blacks: 27.1.
- Number of jobs generated by minority-owned businesses in the U.S.: 4,514,699.
- Cost of hangovers to the U.S. economy each year, according to the Institute of Alcoholic Studies: $148 billion.
- Percentage of franchise owners who would not have purchased their franchise if they had known then what they know now, according to a survey by Johnson Franchise Consulting Inc.: 44.
- Percentage of franchisees who would not recommend the purchase of their franchise to a friend or family member: 46.
- Percentage of franchisees who do not consider their franchise business to be a financial success: 53.
- Percentage of all women-owned companies that are owned by Black women, according to the Center for Women’s Business Research: 6
- Number of employees working for these companies: 18 million
- Percentage of white Americans who say they will be delaying their retirement because of the recent state of the economy, according to Allstate’s “Retirement Reality Check” Survey: 27.
- Percentage of Black Americans who say they expect to delay their retirement because of the recent state of the economy: 35.
- Average age at which white Americans expect to retire: 61.9.
- Average age at which Black Americans expect to retire: 58.6.
- Percentage of employees in the United States who work from home at least one day a week, according to a survey by International Telework Association and Council: 42.
- Percentage who work at home daily or nearly every day: 22.
- Average annual cost to employers of lost productivity as a result of domestic violence, according to the New York Women’s Agenda: $3 billion.