Losing Weight the Healthy Way: Everything You Need to Know
A lot of people search for the best way to lose weight. While there are really no secret formulas to losing weight and keeping it off, a lot of us are still frantically looking for that ever elusive magical diet or revolutionary workout plan that can help us shed excess weight fast. As a result, we tend to get discouraged when we don't get the results we hope for.
It's time to take the mystery out of losing weight. The only way that you can ever hope to lose weight the healthy way is to introduce gradual changes into your lifestyle to coax your body to use up its fat reserves. As such, you need to reduce your calorie intake and increase your level of physical activities. Frankly, that's the only way to do it right.
Tips on Reducing Your Calorie Intake
To lose weight the healthy way, you need to cut your calorie intake by about 300 to 500 calories per day and limit your intake of high calorie foods. Do this and you can expect to lose about one to two pounds per week. To help you reduce your calorie intake, you may want to consider the following suggestions:
- Don't skip breakfast  or any other meal for that matter. While it may help you reduce your calorie intake for that particular time, skipping a meal can leave you wanting for more later on during the day.
- Eat smaller portions. Better yet, use smaller dinner plates to create an illusion that you already had more than what you should have and avoid second servings.
- Choose to go low. Make it a habit to use low-fat or fat-free and lower-calorie versions of the foods you love.
- Drink lots of water. Considering that the average American usually consumes about 245 calories a day from soft drinks alone, taking it off your diet can do you a lot of good in the long run. Moreover, drinking a glass of water before a meal can help you feel full faster and help you control your food intake.
- Develop a taste for fruits and vegetables. Instead of going on some crash diet, why don't you start adding more fruits and vegetables into your diet instead?
Tips on Increasing Your Activity Levels
Here are some simple suggestions that can help you increase your activity level:
- Find something you enjoy doing. If the mere thought of exercising or working out makes you want to head back to your couch, then think of an activity you enjoy and go for it. So, whether it may be yoga , aerobics or anything else you can think of, the key here is to get started and stick with it.
- Start walking. Every little step counts so start taking the stairs instead of the lift and leave your car as you walk to the shops.
- Do some exercise in between commercial breaks. Yes, even couch potatoes can infuse some form of physical activity while watching TV. Why not try it? Remember, every little bit helps in attaining your weight loss goal.
Of course, there are a lot of ways by which you can increase your activity levels and reduce your calorie intake but these simple steps can help get you started on your road to losing weight the healthy way.