Join us for a screening of LUMO, the award-winning documentary that chronicles one Congolese woman’s journey from devastation to empowerment in a HEAL Africa hospital.
The film will be followed by a panel discussion with:
• Nelson Walker III, Director/Producer, LUMO
• Judy Anderson, Executive Director, HEAL Africa
• Noella Coursaris Musunka, Congolese Model, Founder, Georges Malaika Foundation
• Kambale Musavuli, Spokesperson, Friends of the Congo
• Dr. Roger Luhiriri, Physician, Panzi Hospital, Bukavu, DRC
• Jimmie Briggs (moderator), Author, Journalist
The evening will conclude with a reception.
Ticket proceeds go to HEAL Africa’s ‘Heal My People’ program, which provides medical, psychological, spiritual, and social care for Congo’s female victims of sexual violence. (www.healafrica.org)
For tickets, visit www.congonyc.eventbrite.com