1. Susan L. Taylor, Essence magazine's editorial director and chief content officer, poses with fellow businesswomen after delivering the keynote speech at Office Depot�s 3rd Annual Women�s Business Conference in Boca Raton, Fla. Pictured (l.-r.) Flori Roberts, founder, Flori Roberts Cosmetics; Jocelyn Carter-Miller, chief marketing officer and executive vice president, Office Depot; Susan L. Taylor; and Rachelle Franklin, vice president of Integrated Brand Marketing, Office Depot.
2. More than $45,000 was raised during the Old Westbury College�s Foundation�s 2nd Annual benefit polo match to support the restoration of the Clark family Stables at SUNY College at Old Westbury. Here, College President Dr. Calvin Butts, III (far right); and Foundation Chair Robert McMillan (far left); thank (from l. to r.) Michael Levitan, president of Land Rover of Long Island; Bryan Lazarus; and Richard London who chaired the event.
3. Councilmember Yvette D. Clarke (c.) awards a New York City Council proclamation to entertainer Wyclef Jean at the Haitian Flag Day Ceremony at New York�s City Hall; (l.-r.) Haitian Consul General Harry Fouche, Councilmember Charles Barron and Councilmember Kendall Stewart.
4. (L.-r.) New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg; New York State Senator David Paterson; C. Mack, executive vice president, JP Morgan Chase Regional Banking; and Lloyd Williams, chairman of Harlem Week, during the opening ceremony of Harlem Week at Gracie Mansion. Photo by Monique Delatour.
5. (L.-r.) Authors Jill Nelson; Kevin Powell, R.M Johnson; Rita McLaughlin; and Haki Madhubuti at a panel discussion during the 5th Annual Harlem Book Fair. This years� festivities brought over 15,000 New Yorkers and visitors to Harlem, giving them and opportunity to get up close